Monday 9 December 2013

Updates

Well let's just say the morphine patches didn't work out for me. I honestly don't think I've felt that ill in a very long time. I was completely drugged up, but not in a good way, I barely had the patch on 18 hours and I was so dizzy and weak I struggled to stand up. I ended up in A&E because I hadn't eaten or drunk anything for 48hours and anything I had managed to drink I'd thrown up. It really wasn't very nice. It's put me off trying any other kind of slow release morphine. Or anything that takes two days to wear off. I think I'd just rather deal with the pain forever than go through that again.
So I'm just going to deal with the pain for a while and I've got a follow up appointment with palliative care the week before Christmas so I'll discuss any other kinds of pain management then but not surprisingly I'm feeling really put off at the moment.

This past week I've been really busy doing all my work for uni. I had two 2,500 word essays and one 2,500 word portfolio to do for this week. I had a Writing for Young People essay in today, which was a close reading of a couple of children's books and I think I'm going to do pretty well in that. I managed to link in a bit of child psychology so hopefully I'll get some brownie points for good research. The other two things are due in on Wednesday, I've just got a conclusion to do and when I get one of my portfolio pieces back I'll have to do all the corrections before I give it in.

Then on Thursday I'm off to Swansea to see my boyfriend's family, finish up some Christmas shopping and have a nice Christmas present wrapping session as we obviously need to give each other our presents before I go back to my hometown to spend some time with my family. I just can't wait for all my work to be done and submitted so I can relax and enjoy Christmas! I can't really do many Christmassy things at the moment because of all the work I've had to do. So I'm looking forward to the end of this week!
Christmas is my favourite time of year and as I was ill for the last two Christmases, I'm ready for a really good healthy Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com