Friday 7 June 2013

Living each day as it comes!

Okay, it's a terrible clichè but it's a pretty good clichè to live by if you've got a chronic disease (or two). It's really hard to plan things because you never know if you're going to catch a virus or an illness, or if you're going to have a lot of chest pain or have a bad breathing day, or just feel really tired and just want to lie around all day. I really hate missing out on things because I'm ill. I've danced in a show while suffering with tonsillitis, having spent all day in the out of hours centre before now. I'm a tough old cookie and I won't miss something unless I'm so ill I can't leave the house. But tiredness is something that's extremely difficult to fight off. Especially when you have two diseases, which completely drains your body's energy.

But the last week has been really good. My chest pain has still been really bad and I've been tired but it seems to be easier to fight off now. I recently upped my dose of iloprost so, now I come to think of it, that's probably why I've been feeling good.

The weather has been really nice here in the UK, so I went up to Swansea for a couple of days with my boyfriend, and just had a really awesome time. We went to the beach, went out to lunch at lots of pubs and went out for a curry one evening. Also went down by a lake to watch the swans and the ducks and even had a mess around in a kid's park and was pretty surprised at how out of breath I was just on the swings. Swinging apparently uses up a lot of energy!

I also got my hair cut and re-dyed a different shade of blonde, which always makes me feel loads better after I've been feeling down or really tired for a while. I'm planning a boat trip down a river tomorrow so I'm quite excited for that.

Just makes me think of all the little things that really make me happy and how I need to do more of them when I'm having good days.

I'm just really enjoying life right now. Even if I am in a lot of pain, it's so much easier to deal with when you're having a nice day and not feeling crazily tired on top of it! It's nice to feel really happy and appreciative on the days I'm feeling good, kind of gives a nice positive to being ill a lot of the time.

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend and the sunshine if you're in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com